Friday, March 25, 2016

Lent is over...

It's been a little while since I've written here...I am sure you all were waiting in anticipation for me to update. //sarcasm font 

Lent is over, as of yesterday, and while it wasn't my only reason for giving up simple carbs, sugar, and alcohol for lent - I haven't lost very much weight -- 4.8 pounds to be exact. So, in looking over the last year, trying to see how much I've lost - I've only lost 50 pounds in a year. While I am so very proud of those numbers and I'm proud of that number, I can't help but feel like I should have lost more in the last year. I can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong. Especially over the last month with cutting out any garbage food. In the last month, I've only missed two days in working out. I've logged more miles - I've pushed myself harder. I can't help but wonder why it's so slow going. I don't feel comfortable giving my actual numbers yet -- but, here's a little visual (I like to see visuals). 
YTD Loss from MyFitnessPal 

I need to do my measurements to see if maybe I'm just not seeing the numbers on the scale. If you can't tell - I am struggling with the numbers. I try to not let them become overwhelming or hung up on them - but if I want this space to be honest. I.AM.STRUGGLING. It has been an average of only about four pounds per month. Any suggestions on what I can do to up my numbers? Am I just crazy?? 


1 comment:

  1. This post needs to be edited, Lisa. I don't see anything about the big picture. About the fact that the scale did indeed go down during lent. There's nothing about how you feel when you look at that side by side picture. I hope you feel a sense of accomplishment. You didn't write about that.

    50 lbs...and a journey that's taught you more about yourself than you've yet to fully realize.

    To answer your question, yes, you're crazy. Ha. There us more measurements than just the scale. You already know that. But the scale went down. Save this post for the time that the scale doesn't move after 40 days. Then you can ask what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete