Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wake up call...

Welp. I feel like I fell off the wagon and it backed up and ran over me a couple of times. I have really been slacking with EVERYTHING. Emotional eating is NO JOKE. I wish it were just as simple as put down the fork and take your butt to the gym. I feel like I am trapped in this cycle of drowning and gasping for air, holding on for dear life. I know how much better I felt eating foods that are healthy/good for me and exercising daily. But, let's face it -- it takes some planning and junk food tastes really good. I hadn't been to the gym but once in about three weeks until last night. I stripped down, put on my swimsuit and got on the scale. O.U.C.H. I knew I had put back on a couple of pounds -- I was not prepared for the numbers that flashed across the screen. I am up at least ten pound. In three weeks. Three weeks. TEN flipping pounds. I can't manage to loose ten pounds in three weeks - but they sure can come on that quickly. 

You'd think after my workout last night, giving it my all during that workout, I'd have cleaned up my food for dinner. I sat in the parking lot of the gym, crying. Instead, I tried to eat everything in sight. This morning, I chose to sleep in instead of going to the gym, I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast after my meeting, I ate a big plate of pasta w/bread, for lunch and a gelato afterwards. Instead of focusing on the 900 things I need to be doing for work, I've sat at my desk, crying...I feel like I am spiraling out of control. Part of me really cares -- the other part wants to stay in my bed and eat ice cream straight out of the carton. 

Not sure why the need to get all of this on "paper" -- maybe it will help me declutter my brain. Maybe I can face the music and get myself back in gear. Does everyone with a significant amount of weight to loose struggle like this from time to time? 

How do I stop pushing the snooze button on this wake up call?? 




1 comment:

  1. YES! The answer is yes, we all suffer through this. I just pulled myself out of my slump where I gained 16 lbs in about 5 weeks, and told myself this is ridiculous, I have to change. Since then I've taken it day by day, choice by choice. It's a mentality and hard to change, but you and I both know, as soon as you take those first steps you'll be rolling. They key is to never let yourself quit. Think how great you fee when you are on the healthy train, and use that as motivation! ��

    ReplyDelete